If your pet requires surgery, it's natural to have questions both about the procedure as well as the safety and comfort of your pet. We want you to know with confidence that you are making the best decision for your pet's health. Our experienced veterinarians perform various surgeries throughout the week, from common spays and neuters to more complex soft-tissue surgery.
Flatt Veterinary Clinic uses the most modern surgical and anesthetic monitoring equipment to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older and more high-risk patients.
Types of surgery our clinic performs
Our veterinarians perform a wide variety of soft-tissue surgeries, such as:
- Spays / Neuters
- Splenectomy (spleen removal)
- Pyometra (uterus infection)
- Tumor removal
- Foreign body removal
- ...and more!
Safety and comfort for your Pet's surgery
Why Trust Us for Your Pet's Surgery Needs?
You want the best for your pet during their surgery, so we go the extra mile to keep them safe and comfortable during all stages of their surgical procedure.
- We perform pre-surgical laboratory testing to evaluate your pet’s health, increasing their safety why under anesthesia.
- We use up-to-date and reliable monitoring and surgical equipment while your pet is under anesthesia to observe your pet’s vital signs both visually and electronically.
- All patients are kept warm during surgery to reduce the potential for hypothermia.
- We implement pain control before, during, and after surgery so that they are as comfortable as possible. We also recommend taking home pain medication to help your pet recover comfortably at home post-surgery.
What our clients have to say:
The staff takes such good care of all my animals from our bearded dragon our chinchillas and kitten. You can really tell about a person by the way animals attract to a person. I would highly recommend...
-- S. Durbin
Very helpful, kind, and patient with our rescue dog, who HATES getting his nails trimmed.
-- C. Farley
Forever grateful to the fantastic vets and staff at Flatt Veterinary. My senior cat needed emergency euthanasia on a very icy day in January. Most offices were closed due to the bad weather, but not Flatt Veterinary. The staff immediately told me to bring her in, met me at my car, and were extremely kind and gentle throughout the most heart wrenching experience of my life. They had to shave a patch of fur to insert the IV and saved it for me to keep. They also gave me time alone to say goodbye and to mourn after she had passed. They were even kind enough to send a bereavement card.
I know these aren't the moments we like to think about when choosing a vet, but these are the moments that matter the most. When my pet was in incurable pain, Flatt Veterinary was there to help her find peace.
-- H. Smith
Took my Annabelle here for her first shots and worming. They were very friendly with us and we got her first shots for a great price. My dog is very scared of things at this age and they made her feel very comfortable!